What does MEMSIC do?
- MEMSIC designs and manufactures integrated micro-electromechanical sensors (MEMS) using a standard integrated circuit (IC) manufacturing process. MEMSIC combines proprietary thermal-based MEMS technology and advanced analog mixed-signal processing circuitry into a single chip. This allows MEMSIC to produce high-performance accelerometers and other MEMS device at substantially lower cost than most traditional processes.
What industry is MEMSIC in?
- Broadly, MEMSIC is a technology company in the semiconductor sector. More specifically, MEMSIC provides advanced semiconductor sensor and system solutions based on integrated micro electro-mechanical systems, or MEMS, technology and mixed signal circuit design.
When and where was MEMSIC founded and incorporated?
- MEMSIC was founded in March 1999 and is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts. MEMSIC has engineering and manufacturing facilities in Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China as well as research and development facilities in Chicago, Illinois.
When did MEMSIC go public?
- MEMSIC started trading on the NASDAQ on December 14, 2007.
When does MEMSIC's fiscal year end?
- MEMSIC's fiscal year ends on December 31.
How can I get a copy of MEMSIC's financial statements?
- Financial statements are available on the Investor Relations pages of MEMSIC's web site, at www.memsic.com . Financial statements are also available through the SEC web site at www.sec.gov.
What is the stock ticker symbol for MEMSIC?
- MEMSIC trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the ticker symbol MEMS.
When is MEMSIC's next scheduled earnings release?
- See the calendar of events.
Will MEMSIC be presenting at any financial conferences?
- See the calendar of events.
How can I buy shares of MEMSIC?
- As a company that trades publicly on the NASDAQ, shares can be bought and sold through your stockbroker.
Does MEMSIC pay dividends?
- MEMSIC does not currently pay dividends.
How do I participate in MEMSIC's direct stock purchase program?
- MEMSIC does not offer a direct stock purchase program. To purchase shares, please contact your broker.
How do I transfer my shares or update my address?
- Share transfer questions and address updates should be directed to MEMSIC's transfer agent, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company.
How do I contact the transfer agent?
- Our transfer agent American Stock Transfer, can be reached at (800) 937-5449 or by mail at the following address:
American Stock Transfer
6201 15th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
You can also reach AST by clicking on this URL:
(click on shareholder access)
What is a transfer agent?
- A transfer agent and registrar for a publicly held company keep records of every outstanding stock certificate and the name of the person to whom it is registered. When stock changes hands, the transfer agent transfers the ownership of the stock from the seller's name to the buyer's name. The registrar reconciles all transfer records and makes sure that the number of shares debited is equal to the number of shares credited.
The transfer agent does not maintain records of shares bought and sold through brokerage accounts. Those records are maintained by the specific brokerages through which the shares are bought and sold.
Where can I get more information?
- Additional information is available on our investor relations home page. You may also contact Investor Relations at (978) 738-0900 x240.
- Do you have another question that hasn't been answered?
Please submit your question using the form below. Fields marked with an * are required.